Saturday, May 31, 2008

Garage Sale Success!

So, I'm not usually a big garage saler. Kevin even less so. But I convinced him to cruise around with me today since Wilson was sleeping in his car seat peacefully and it was such a nice day outside. Several friends have informed me of all the things we simply "have" to have for Wilson. Many of them things I don't think I could justify since they would cost a small fortune new. I've been told only to garage sale with something specific in mind so you don't overspend...and we did that. Mostly. Well, I guess we found just a few more things...

While I'm tempted to feel guilty, we found several great items and still spent just $46 for all of them, checking off a nice portion of our Christmas and first birthday lists for Wilson! I'm pretty excited about this if it's not apparent in text. Here are the finds:
  1. Fisher Price Learning Home - sells new for $70 and up. This is really fun and has great reviews. It's a fun treat since we got it for such a good price.
  2. Winnie the Pooh Exploring Tree - sells new for around $50 (we got two of these since one didn't play music...but the defective one was free). Babies can stand/lean against it while playing with the shapes, textures and buttons that light up and play music.
  3. Step2 wagon - this one was exciting! It sells new for around $70 and we got it for free thanks to our friend Rachel who found it for us.
  4. Mission accomplished - this is the one thing I was trying to find: an exersaucer (sells new for $70). We're told that this is a lifesaver since it is entertaining for children and they can grow with it due to a height adjustment feature. It works as a bouncer or a saucer to strengthen their core, and the seat spins in a full circle so he can play with all the toys that light up or play music.

1 comment:

Suzy said...

Good scores! We, too, have quite a few garage sale items that saved us a small fortune. And just think, it is only the start of the garage sale season!

Post a Comment