Sunday, June 22, 2008

Weekend Fun

Yesterday was an eventful day of errands. I had to get lab work done and make a few returns at various stores before going to the doctor.

We had hoped to catch a few garage sales in between (at Kevin's suggestion! ha!) but ended up with some pretty good finds even when we couldn't get to those. During my time as a temporary stay-at-home mom I got pretty good at couponing. I can't believe how much one can save when you go to the right websites and get the Sunday paper for coupons. Wow. So yesterday we needed to pick up just a few items but got about 1/2 of them for free with the multitude of coupons I'd collected. Then we went across the street and then got a free Thomas the Train toy at Toys R' Us with a coupon I found. Yes...for when he's three years old. We got close to $35 of free items. We were feeling pretty smug.

Then for the doctor trip -I had to get a few more moles removed and I was dreading that one was on the bottom of my foot. I usually try to anticipate the worst so I'm pleasantly surprised when it doesn't go that bad. Backfired this time. It's WAY worse than I imagined. I am stranded upstairs in the bedroom today and Kevin even had to go get me crutches just so I can go to work tomorrow. Yuck!

I'm posting several pictures and videos today. The first is a video of Wilson doing his best to crawl. By the time we turned on the camera he was losing steam and we had to prop him on a pillow as he was fed up with tummy time:



Shortly after, Kevin was holding Wilson and there was a bit of an accident. How it happened is too complicated to explain, but the story ends with Wilson smacking his head hard into the corner of the laptop. Nice. Wilson has a bright red bump and was a trooper about it after he screamed for five minutes. I think I'll have to invest in one of these:


http://www.onestepahead.com/product/osa/148756.html Ha! Too funny.


The other picture and video are from Tuesday when both of his escape-proof swaddles were dirty.












Within 30 minutes his hands were around his face, he had removed his pacifier (he had trouble getting to sleep that night) and kicked his legs out. By some miracle he stayed asleep so this may be our ticket out of velcro swaddles in the near future. To ensure WE could sleep more than 1-2 hours at a time we had to wake him and re-swaddle him:
Click to play Waking Wilson Up

Yes, that's us giggling in the background. Maybe it's cruel now, but he'll laugh fondly at these videos one day, we're sure. Of course, I turned off the camera seconds before he gave us the biggest smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment