Saturday, October 23, 2010

Wilson funnies

Wilson-isms:
  • Today Kevin cut Wilson's hair today and I asked him if his hair all fell to the ground when it got cut and he said, "Yeah, it fell down the dream." That's, "drain."
  • He calls tomatoes potatoes (and adamantly corrects you if you use the proper term).
  • Instead of "yeah" it's "YEAH-yuh"
  • Yellow starts with a combo y/l sound I can't imitate but sounds like "lellow"
  • He told Sophie, "Go away. You're driving me cr-aaaaazy!" (where has he heard that before?"
  • When Kevin and Wilson play walkie-talkie using the ends of the jump rope Wilson now says, "Breaker-breaker are you there big daddy? This is 'lil Dub." Okay, he was taught that one.
  • When going to bed at night it's part of his routine to say prayers, read two books, get tucked in and then Kevin leaves the room. As part of the ritual Wilson now says, "Dad?!" (this part MUST be answered to avoid 15 minutes of progressing, "Dad, Dad? Dad! DAD! DAAAAAD!" His big question? "Whatcha doin'?" Kevin's routine response: "Good night, Wilson." Then, the ritual is complete.
  • He likes to use conjunctions, usually for two completely unrelated topics (he's getting better and better at using them properly, though). He might say, "I like raisins. But, I go outside."
  • When I was staying at home his way to get my attention was to tell me, "Mom, put Evelyn in the swing!" Yes, that's the only way she sleeps during the day.
  • He likes to wear chapstick. He calls it chakix.

No comments:

Post a Comment