March 21 was an eventful day for our family. I awoke that day to feeling different and seemingly stronger contractions. I asked Kevin to stay close and asked my mom to come up to watch the kids, just in case. Instead of my already-scheduled evening appointment (that I later regretted not keeping), I got in at around 10:30 a.m. and saw a midwife as my doctor wasn't in yet. She didn't think I'd progressed much and sent me home. I was so sure something was going on but despite my surprise, trusted her and went home.
My doctor called that afternoon and said she wished she would have seen me herself and to please come in if anything, anything at all changed. I felt like the contractions were getting stronger, but I'd JUST been at the doctor so held off going in. We scheduled an induction for Saturday morning in the event that I was not in labor.
That night was "Family Night" for Wilson's school. We snapped our last family photo as a family of four and headed to the event. Wilson did a great job - he's the 7th from the right in the smaller group videos and smack-dab in the middle of the bigger group of kids (the one who wouldn't turn around and face front!).
Check out the videos here: https://plus.google.com/photos/111112310658007813006/albums/5862255146685587969?authkey=CNay9rrNxNvxQA
That night it started to become clear that contractions were progressing and we went to Labor and Delivery. We got there at around 9:30 and Maribel was born at 11:28 p.m.



No comments:
Post a Comment